Job Vacancy: Moodle Developer
Brickfield Education Labs is a startup that focuses on developing enhancements and integrations to improve the quality of teaching and learning on virtual learning environments, like Moodle.
We are looking for an experienced Moodle developer to join our developer team. The ideal candidate will enjoy working as part of a team with a clear vision. They will be involved in every stage of our product development process, from conceptualisation, prototyping, development, integration, testing, documentation, implementation, user testing and supporting our products with our clients.
- Provide input on software development projects.
- Write clear quality code for software and applications and perform test reviews.
- Develop, implement, and test APIs.
- Detect and troubleshoot software issues.
What we need from you
- We are looking for an experienced developer who will hit the ground running!
- 3 years+ experience developing and supporting Moodle plugins, integrations and customisations.
- Strong experience with the development of PHP/JS platform and web service apps.
- Have in-depth knowledge of PHP / JS and development best practices.
- Strong understanding of the Moodle software structure and internals.
- Exposure to Moodle architecture.
- Good knowledge of GIT and ticket tracking systems (like JIRA / Teamwork).
- Good knowledge of web application security, performance and scalability.
- Experience with Mustache templates.
- Experience with Moodle web services.
- Experience working with Web Services and RESTful applications.
- Strong understanding of databases and SQL. (MySQL/Postgres)
- Fantastic communication skills.
- Passion for creating high quality products.
- Being able to take initiative whilst being part of a team.
- Advanced English skills.
These would be great:
- Use of Docker for Moodle development.
- Knowledge of unit and behat testing.
- Moodle knowledge (as user, teacher or admin).
- Experience in accessibility testing.
- Currently maintaining a number of plugins in the Moodle plugin database.
- Strong knowledge of Laravel.
- AWS cloud capability (Cloud foundational or associate or similar with Azure / Google Cloud).
- A friendly and dynamic working environment in an expanding technology company working with a global client base.
- Being part of a dedicated dynamic startup team.
- A light-hearted and fun team of professionals.
- Mentoring and career development.
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home (well, during covid this will be the only option).
- Flexibility around working hours and location.
- Making a difference by improving digital equality, inclusiveness and privacy.
- A competitive salary based on experience and skill set.
- Dedicated company time and funding for self-improvement, learning, and innovation.
Please note - We do not work with job agencies.