Job Vacancy: PHP Developer
Brickfield Education Labs is a startup that focuses on developing enhancements and integrations to improve the quality of teaching and learning on virtual learning environments, like Moodle.
We are looking for an experienced php developer to join our developer team. The ideal candidate will enjoy working as part of a team with a clear vision. They will be involved in every stage of our product development process, from conceptualisation, prototyping, development, integration, testing, documentation, implementation, user testing and supporting our products with our clients.
- Perform a mix of maintenance, enhancements, and new development as required
- Work in a data analyst role and with business intelligence applications
- Document features, technical specifications & infrastructure responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally to convert business needs into technical specifications
What we need from you
- 3+ years of experience in web development and software design
- Understanding of web content accessibility from a user and development point of view (WCAG)
- Strong skills in object oriented design and programming
- Strong knowledge of Laravel and other frameworks
- Good knowledge of GIT and ticket tracking systems (like JIRA / Teamwork)
- Good knowledge of web application security, performance and scalability.
- Experience working with Web Services and RESTful applications.
- Fantastic communication skills
- Passion for creating high quality products.
- Being able to take initiative whilst being part of a team
- Advanced English skills.
These would be great
- Use of Docker for development
- Knowledge of unit and behat testing
- Moodle knowledge (as user, teacher or admin).
- Experience in accessibility testing
- Moodle development experience
- WordPress development experience
- AWS cloud capability (Cloud foundational or associate or similar with Azure / Google Cloud)
- A friendly and dynamic working environment in an expanding technology company working with a global client base.
- Being part of a dedicated dynamic startup team.
- A light-hearted and fun team of professionals.
- Mentoring and career development.
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home (well, during covid this will be the only option).
- Flexibility around working hours and location.
- Making a difference by improving digital equality, inclusiveness and privacy.
- A competitive salary based on experience and skill set.
- Dedicated company time and funding for self-improvement, learning, and innovation.
Please note - We do not work with job agencies.